Monday, June 13, 2022

6/12/22

Luis is giving Pika and Rocky treats right now. It’s an almost-daily routine. The cats look forward to it every night, I’m sure.

Earlier today, we went to Golden Gate Fields in Berkeley. Luis is in a fantasy football league with Kirk and Kris (+ other adults). This year for determining the draft pick, they decided to go to do horseracing. I don’t know if they actually figured out how to decide the order, or whether they were even keeping track. In any case, it was fun!


The last time we were at Golden Gate Fields was with Haerang and Albert some years ago. I can’t even remember when it was. It was my first time at the horse race tracks. Today was my second time. This time, we got club seats, which were indoors and upstairs; very bougie. Last time, we were plebes who sat outside and downstairs. Being indoors had its perks, like, having a table to sit at and being able to just order things while seated.


While I enjoy a bit of light, low stakes gambling, I don’t think horse racing is for me. I put in $50 and had $16 left by the end. It was fun to bet, even though I didn’t really know what I was doing and didn’t win all that much. The horses have such fun names, like Stolen Vote, America Great (wonder of those two are pro-Trumpers!), Excessive Cat, Tiz a Thrill, Whisper and Wink, etc. I wonder how comes up with the horse names and how.


We stayed for all 10 races, which lasted from ~1-6pm, so it was an all day affair. Jenna and Jac were very appropriately dressed in dresses and hats.

After the races, Luis and I ate dinner at Korean Superette on Solano. It was a cute little place that doubled as a small market and a small restaurant. Luis ordered the Chef’s Spicy Ramen, and I ordered the Tofu Dupp Bop (rice bowl). It was delicious — I would go again! The food wasn’t too heavy.


Afterward, we went to Brad’s to check on and feed his cats. In trying to ensure that the food dispense was working, he broke it -_-. We then dropped a lot of the cat food as we flipped the dispenser upside down to try to fix it. I think we fixed it… but Casey texted and told me she witnessed it all! How embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment